Saturday, February 7, 2009

Maui fun!




So we truely had an adventure last weekend! We hoped over to Maui since they were having a fabulous air sale, extra day off (love the birthday holiday), good deal on the hotel, Holly was going to be on Maui, and we really, really wanted too! The last reason kinda overruled the rest and any true reason! So we headed out Thursday night so we could wake-up super early. We had a nice surprise of banana bread from the sales team and champagne & strawberries from my great bosses. So Chad keeps asking what am I am going to do if I don't work for a hotel, like that is even a valid statement. I need to work for a hotel for the perks, plus I love my work.





So back to Maui....Chaddy convienced me to wake-up super early on birthday to go diving but it was totally worth it. We went the cathederals off Lanai and swam through the lava tubes which was amazing. The dive master was good at pointing out little creatures. We took a little afternoon break then headed to turtle town and mala. It between dives Wwe saw the whales play in the ocean, which amazing everytime. Mala ended up better than I remembered lots more fish, a good size shark and a few turtles. I actually took my camera to Mala since we didn't go that deep and got a few okay shots.






Saturday we hung out with Holly. We saw the condo she is renovating which I am hoping is done by now. We went to the gazebo for breakfast which was amazing! Then we were off to Lavendar farm which is beautiful (don't let the store person push the scone not that great). Then off to Makaowa and Paia to visit the local shops. Our souveniors are angel holiday ornament out of sugar bush and bamboo rolling pin. We were so tired by the end of the island exploring day we crashed on our lanai with a bottle of wine and the rest of the day's snacks.






Sunday began with a walk around Lahaina and a successful hat shopping excursion for Chad. We snorkeled around black rock which was cool, we saw cuttlefish for the first time! After a long snorkel excursion we chilled by the pool enjoyed my favorite snack mix, drinks and the sun! Once we started to turn pink we finally freshened up for an absolutely delicious dinner at Mama's fish house.






It was the most wonderful birthday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment